Thursday, March 16, 2017

Man of Letters


"A man of letters," that's me - in the Japan Times anyway. Here's my most recent epistle to the editor:


Firms, pay heed to where your ads show up


After reading the Feb. 13 story, “Weaponized buying as shoppers weigh boycott calls over firms’ political stands,” I ventured into the minefield known as Breitbart News.
Although the article described Breitbart as a conservative news and opinion website formerly run by Trumps chief strategist, its largely viewed as a gateway site for the alt-right and a sort of primer for would-be white supremacists. It has earned the moniker of hate site, for what many recognize as its incendiary mix of racism, xenophobia and more, all topped off with the burning fuse of fake news.
When I got to the site for my look-see I was a little surprised to find a SoftBank ad aimed at... (read on in the Japan Times).












No comments:

Post a Comment