Friday, September 21, 2012

Picking Up Shock Waves

When I lived in America I used to like listening to National Public Radio (NPR) while driving my car. It's one of the few things I miss about driving. Even if I still had a car and drove I don't think I could find an antenna tall enough to stick on the hood that would pick up the closest NPR affiliate station (which is maybe somewhere in Hawaii - I don't know for sure). Thank goodness I can still tune it in on my computer dashboard while cruising the information highway. 

Here is NPR correspondent Lucy Craft reporting from Tokyo on the local reaction to recent anti-Japan protests that have erupted across China. The violent outbursts are focused on a long standing territorial dispute centered around a few small rocky outcrops in the East China Sea.






No comments:

Post a Comment