Thursday, August 2, 2012

When Wrong Feels Right


To accept our own fallibility is to embrace the permanent possibility of someone having a better idea
                                                                                    -Richard Rorty   



      



I used to think I was an expert when it came to making mistakes. Then I saw this brief lecture by Kathryn Schulz and realized I was totally off base about that. When it comes to goof-ups she is tops in the field. Schulz wrote the book on being wrong. I mean that literally. She really wrote a book on being wrong. In fact it's called "Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margins of Error" and I think it was a best-seller but I could be mistaken about that. 


Take a look at the video, and make no mistakes about it, at twenty minutes-long it requires an investment of your valuable time but I guarantee it's worth every second spent. 


Related posts: Picture Imperfect
And just about any other post on this site (they're probably chock full of mistakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment