Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day




Today was St. Patrick's Day in Japan. I didn't know what to do so I rode this train all day. It seemed to be outfitted for the occasion.









Japan Railway plays different music at each station to herald the arrival and departure of every train. Even if you can't read the signs or understand the announcements, you can tell where you are just by listening to the music. Anyway it was a great day, craic agus coel all the way.





BTW


Friday is St. Joseph's Day and I don't know what I'm going to do to celebrate. I was thinking about taking the kids to the Salon de Joe barber shop for haircuts or maybe enrolling them in the St. Joseph's Academy (SJA)just right around the corner from where we live but I don't think  the uniforms are a good fit for them. They like to keep their knees warm. Anyway nothing is set in stone just yet. Maybe I'll just ride the train again.

2 comments:

  1. Do they play any Irish reels or jigs,etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost certain of it.

    ReplyDelete