Sunday, December 13, 2009

Give Me a Break!



My most recent find in the Orient, discovered while trekking through the local marketplace, known to the denizens of this region as "7-11."


Ginger Ale Flavored Kit Kat Bar (only in Japan)


Tasting Notes
Appearance: Lemon yellow; Nose: Fruity bouquet; Palate: Smarties and cream sandwich cookies; Finish: Orthodontic grade tooth paste
While America and England (the birthplace of the Kit Kat) offer a paltry 4 or 5 varieties of the Kit Kat bar, Nestle's Japan boasts a range of Kit Kats that encompasses the entire international dietary spectrum. I vow to try them all! Wish me well dear readers as I embark on an epicurean journey that is bound to take me into the very bowels of the Japanese confectionery industry as I cruise the back aisles of the basement level supermarket of a well renowned Yokohama department store not too far from where I live.


To find out more about Kit Kat bars in Japan try:
18 Kit-Kat Flavors You've (Probably) Never Tried (from Food Network Humor)
Japan Snaps Up "Lucky" Kit Kats (on the BBC)

1 comment: